| My back yard Spring 2010 |
I think I'm spoiled.
Easy to do by living in the Pacific Northwest. Our winters are mild and so we get the entitled notion that winter should be a very short season or else we get cranky. When in fact, winters in Oregon last FOR-EVER....months and months in fact. We really don't have summer in Oregon. It goes more like Winter. Winter-Spring. Spring. Spring-Summer. 2 weeks of Summer and then Spring-Fall, Fall-Winter and then Back to Winter. See the problem? But when we DO get warm days...AHHHH! There's nothing quite like those 2 weeks!
| "Multi Blue" Clematis & Swan Columbine |
mowing the lawn and Makynna pruned her rose bushes but today...TODAY...it decides to drop to freezing and dump 2 inches on us. SHEESH. However, we Oregonians manage by thinking positive and quoting the much used saying "don't like the weather? Just wait 10 minutes and it'll change" and that's usually the truth. Yup, I'm spoiled! The rest of the country is buried under 2 feet of snow and I grumble because I can't get out and garden in mid-February. My thought is 'we DO live in God's country so we can expect some perk's'!
| Bearded Iris - Unknown cultivar |
And, 2) I'm going to review all my garden photo's from last year to help reinforce my flagging hope that it really DOES get warm and beautiful here.....sometime........eventually.
| Foxgloves "digitalis" I started from seed - multi colored |
Here's to sunny days and warm soil......
Lovely photos of your garden. Spring is so close!!! I hear ya!
ReplyDelete